Things I'm grateful for - R

Wednesday, May 5, 2010




is for Retail



Today I'm grateful for retail. And not because of shopping.

Retail is in my blood. It's my career and I love it. It's challenging, inspiring and always changing. I'm amazed by the psychology behind the customer, I love the the chemistry of fabric, and the processes behind the plans. Walking into a store and seeing a fresh floor set with fluffy tables,  pretty colors and the faint scent of dye is like a breath of fresh air for me. And not because I'll be swiping the credit card and walking out with pretty purchases (I'm actually a responsible consumer. Ok, maybe I go a little overboard on purses and shoes...) but because this is what I was made to do. I know this because I still get twinges of excitement when new samples come in. My heart still races waiting for the first few weeks of sales results on a new season. That's not to say it's all glamorous and fashion shows - quite the opposite actually, in my case anyway. It's hard work, some long days, deadlines, deadlines, pressure, pressure. Every day is not a cake walk. As with anything, there are frustrations and challenges, but the reward is priceless. I'm so grateful for my dedication to fulfilling my dreams and the opportunity to dream bigger. Reach for the stars my dears. Whatever you love, love it hard!

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. My brother, Ram.:D He's my baby!:D

    And I'm thankful for retail too.:D

    Happy Wednesday, Ashleigh!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!