Things I'm Grateful For - D

Friday, April 9, 2010



 is for Dad



Today I'm grateful for Dads:  Dad + Stepdad + Grandads.
I've been blessed with some wonderful male figures in my life. Knowing that's not the case for everyone I hope this doesn't come across as bragging, I'm just really appreciative of my experience. To have one amazing father is enough, but being blessed with a great stepdad 12 years ago was an excellent addition. Combine that with 2 wonderfully wise grandfathers and hopefully you can see why I'm so grateful.  My fathers have been protectors, supporters and mentors. Although they're all different in terms of personality and hobbies they share a common wisdom and positivity for life that I aspire to achieve.

Two of them are in heaven and I miss them dearly. And two are in Tennessee that I don't see often enough. But I carry them in my heart daily.

With my Dad on a cruise last summer

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky gal you are, but I dare say they are extremely GRATEFUL for you also.

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!