One Day Without Shoes

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Can you imagine a life without shoes? As I try to fathom it I'm reminded of the times I've justified a purchase because I 'need' them.  The reality is, I don't need anything. But there are plenty of people who do. It's good to know there are companies out there doing great things in the world - like Tom's shoes. Did you know that for every pair of Tom's purchased a pair is given to a child in need?

Tom's shoes has declared April 8th 'One Day Without Shoes' to spread awareness that most children in developing countries grow up without shoes. Tom's is asking people to go the day, part of the day or even just a few minutes, barefoot, to experience a life without shoes first-hand, and inspire others at the same time.


Across the country, groups on campus, at headquarters and within communities will be going shoeless for walks and events. I'll be kicking my shoes off under my desk today as well as going virtually shoeless. I hope you'll do the same.

Spread the word. And feel free to use the picture below on your blog, twitter, or facebook today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!