The Cabin

Friday, February 27, 2015


Yesterday we woke up to more snow, the prettiest one we've seen yet. While we're in Tennessee we're staying at our family cabin and it looked so cozy against the white background I couldn't resist sharing a few pictures.  Built by my grandfather in the 1980's, I toddled around in a playpen while the finishing touches were put on, and over the years lots of our family members have lived within these walls at various times, myself included. Growing up, while our house was being built we spent a few years residing here and I have fond memories of sharing a room with my brother (some kids hate that but it felt like a constant sleep over to us!), learning to curl my hair in the back bathroom, and many a bike ride around the circle driveway in front. So it's pretty surreal to be back, and pretty special that Evelina gets to spent her first few months in what's affectionately known as simply "The Cabin".








My grandparent's lived in the house on the right and it was amazing having them *this close* as a kid. Being here has revived so many memories, like when part of this open area used to be a garden, and the many times I've shelled beans on that covered porch.








But perhaps the best part of being here is having my mom's house in view from the kitchen window. I'm not sure how it's possible to be a city girl and a country girl at the same time but I'm happy to have had the best of both worlds.

1 comment:

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!