Hong Kong: Clotheslines

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Another piece of Hong Kong that I'm obsessed with is the clotheslines. Seeing garments hanging from wires and racks at windowsills atop even the highest of buildings was fascinating to me. The contrast of a bustling luxurious city to regular home life in direct vicinity of one another is just an interesting reminder of culture, society, and way of life. Laundry is sort of personal for me I guess, my dirty laundry isn't anyone's business (literally and figuratively) so this view feels like a sneak peek into the secret lives of others. Intriguing! 









I'm currently in Hong Kong and sharing photo's and stories from my last trip. Catch up on the last few posts here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!