Gratitude.

Thursday, November 22, 2012


The challenges that have come our way this year have and will change my life dramatically, yet somehow in the midst of it I have learned to live with a grateful heart. To appreciate every moment, not taking for granted that our lives can and do change in an instant and we may never have these moments again, or at least in the same way. So I laugh a little louder, dance a little sillier, and hug my loved ones even tighter at the end of the day. They say that happiness is a journey, not a destination, and I have finally felt it. And for that, I am thankful. Gratitude does, in fact, unlock the fullness of life.

On this day of thanksgiving, let me say thanks to you dear readers, friends and family - for following along with me on this journey of life, and sharing your stories, support and love in return. I wish you the happiest of Thanksgiving's. Love deeply, feel happy and live with an open heart.

P.S. What I was (am still am) thankful for last year, and the year before. Plus, two Thanksgiving's later, I'm still in love with this.



4 comments:

  1. Love it so much. The quote is great and your "life hands you lemons" approach is even better. Happy Thanksgiving!! PS your blog is so gorgeous and calming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caitlin! That means more than you know. I enjoy our blog friendship so much and always look forward to your posts and instagrams :) Plus, your enthusiasm for Chicago is just the bee's knees!!

      Delete
  2. Love this, Ash. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a moving,meaningful and beautiful message. I completely agree w/Miss Caitlin S. who says it best.

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!