Project Dream Board

Thursday, January 20, 2011



Winter tempts me to hibernate like a bear until mid-April. At this point, I could sleep 12 hours a night and still go back for more. The cold and gray make me want to do nothing more than turn on the space heater, start the fireplace dvd and cuddle with the kitties. (Even they're being overly lazy!) However, we did manage to accomplish one thing last weekend (that's right I said one) other than watching football and awards shows...

Our 2011 dream board!

It's been years since we sat down and did a project like this and it was a great opportunity to clear out my overflowing magazine pile. (Ok, that's two things!) Based on our 2011 goals and including some longer term dreams as well, we used photo's and text to formulate a 'plan' so we could visualize the outcome. While the design and layout aren't winning any creative awards or making waves in the art industry, seeing it every day is motivation to cross it off the list, regardless of the crooked lines or not quite clear dried glue.  Have a peek...


Plan the layout...

Paste into place...

Add details...

Revel in your accomplishment!

What keeps you motivated to complete your goals and aspirations??


P.S. Had to share this picture of Mojito...just watching all the cutting and pasting wore him slap out. This was his position for hours - eyes open, lazy face, crackberry by his side. He looked so pitiful I didn't have the heart to move him. Oh the joys of being a cat!





4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I do a lot of inspiration boards but it is all just pinned up willy nilly, I should really do a goals board like this and put it right by the bed so it's the first and last thing I see.
    And your kitty is just too adorable, I always wish I could be as comfortable as my little dog looks, animals always seem to be able to squish themselves in the coziest looking positions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do a project like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for all the listings on your dream board. Bet it was esp. difficult to keep from taking a break and curling up w/the lazy kitty.
    Bet he was thinking, 'oh no, they are making travel plans w/o me'. hehe

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!