Cardigan Calling

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

There's a chill in the air today and it won't be long before I'm reaching for cardigans on a daily basis. They're my go to piece for transitioning dresses, tanks, and skirts into fall appropriate outfits. (With a teeny closet that's important!) These budget friendly pieces will knock off the chill and look pretty doing it!

This chiffon trim cardigan by LC Lauren Conrad gives
a J.Crew look without the J.Crew price.


Every closet needs a mustard cardigan
"Really?" you ask. Really. It adds pizazz to fall's deep hues. 
Tip - olive based works well on most complexions.


Stripes get sophisticated with a touch of silk.


 Not just for layering...
Let this military inspired crop be the statement piece.


Feeling fancy? Go Embellished
Sparkly enough for night, comfy enough for day.


What are your favorite ways to transition?


9 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love cardigans! I recently bought one and can't wait till I get to wear it (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the striped cardigan and the embellished one at bottom. My favorite way to transition is with light cashmere pieces a la M+O...we both know how that went. :(

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sequins and fall are calling my name...and it's still 90 degrees here! Check out Eileen Fischer's cardigans this season. Love LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reyna - I'm excited for you too!

    Carrie - this was my attempt to fill the void of my beloved M+O cardigans this year since all mine are on restricted wear to preserve them for as long as I can :(

    Thirty - will do, thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love the mustard colored one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wearing my cardigans this week.... love the last.Perfect for this time of year - keeping you warm but still a nod to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In SF, it's always a transition! I usually have a cardigan and a light blazer on hand to make the switch from California afternoons to ocean-adjacent nights! That first cardigan is gorgeous-who would have guessed it was Lauren Conrad?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cardigans too! They make me feel warm, cozy, and stylish all at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embellished cardigan is so cute! I love pieces that can transform for day to night.

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!