Anna Inspired

Thursday, October 4, 2012



A few years ago as a new year's resolution I decided to read one piece of classic of literature per year. The first book on my list was Leo Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina" and wow, what a way to begin. It's quite lengthy on it's own but I purposely spaced out the reading for nearly a year just to devour every word. (I also made myself complete quizzes at the end of each chapter to drag it out even further, nerd.) To say I'm excited about the latest remake of Anna Karenina doesn't begin to explain my elation. The trailer has been released - the drama, the costumes, the romance! - so hold on to your fur hats because November 16th can't come fast enough!  As if I needed even more to look forward to, Banana Republic is launching an "Anna" inspired collection that will drop at the end of this month. Eeeps!

Click for a sneak peek and to read a little more about "Banana Karenina".  (How much do I love that name?)

Banana's creative director says that fur hat above is actually a shrug and that we can wear it mutiple ways. Sold!

So, who's in for a movie date?? Keira + Jude + period piece, do I really have to twist your arm?





8 comments:

  1. Oh how I love a good period piece! I am checking out the trailer right now, and might have to convince myself to read the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Karenina is one of those books I could dive back into on any afternoon–because really, who doesn't want to go to turn of the century Russia? Can't WAIT for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond excited for this - I can hardly wait for the movie!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh news to me. What a cool goal you set for yourself. And Jude? Say no more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of it! It looks and sounds amazing though.. good for you for expanding your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive never read any tolstoy, though legend has it that my great grandfather met him! on another note, that hat is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'll be seeing this! saw the preview and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!