perfectly anxious

Monday, December 7, 2009

'missing a perfectly good day because she's sure that she should be anxious about something'

It's holiday time! How festive, and fun, and ssstressful!! Between decorating, shopping, wrapping & of course, my favorite - sending out the Christmas cards - there isn't much time to actually enjoy these tasks. It feels like the older I get, the bigger the 'to do' list grows. We leave town in 2 weeks, so that means 1 more weekend to wrap it all up (no pun intended. Or was it?!) We've already crossed a lot off the list, so why is it, when I have a perfectly nice evening to spend with the husb + kitties, I feel like there is something more I should be doing instead of enjoying their snoozing company in front of our pretty tree?

Anyone else have this problem? How do you stay sane during the busy holiday season? do tell.


The quote above comes from one of my favorite product lines - Story People. (If I ever have a store, you can bet this will be the 1st thing in my assortment!) Hang around the blog long enough & you're sure to see more of these. I fell in love with a book of drawings & stories about 11 years ago while browsing with my Mom during her lunch hour in a cute little shop in downtown Jonesborough, TN. Ever since we've been emailing ones we find meaningful. Sometimes funny, sometimes sappy, always sweet.

One more, for your enjoyment :)

'She asked me when the season of joy was supposed to end & I said I didn't really think there was an exact date, so we left the tree up till June that year.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!