Thanksgiving!

Friday, November 20, 2009


This year, I'm thankful for being able to spend the weekend with my family in North Carolina - a long time tradition that I've missed out on since we moved to Chicago* 4 years ago. But we've decided to make the 13 hour trek & I know it will be worth it. I love my family dearly; the silliness, the chaos, the laughter - these are the things that make my heart flutter. My favorite piece of this tradition is the mandatory Black Friday shop-a-thon. { all.day.long } You won't find us returning home after doorbusters have ended, we'll be forging ahead, onto the next bargain (and there will be plenty!) Call us crazy, but this is a day full of fun & excitement, more about the fellowship than accomplishment. Some families do football...my family does fashion!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!




What traditions do you love? (feel free to comment below, really. no login needed, no real name even!)


*I am also thankful for our wonderful friends in the city that we shared the past 2 Thanksgivings with - the food, fun & fellowship will be missed this year :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!