Tulip Time!

Friday, May 9, 2014


Over the weekend we took a little road trip over to Holland, Michigan for the Tulip Time Festival. It's something that's been on my to do list for years and I finally got the timing right. Unfortunately, the weather has been chillier than spring's past and only about 25% of the tulips were actually in bloom but it was still a sunny day, albeit with a cool breeze, and a nice escape from the city. While we were there we watched some Dutch dancing, dined al fresco for the first time this year (even though we were pretty cold) and hit a few breweries along the way. (Here, here and here.) Small getaways are the stuff of life.











And because it's spring and I'm in need of nature, this weekend's agenda... Lilac Fest! I can't wait to get a whiff!

1 comment:

  1. Lilac Fest sounds right up my alley–they're my favorite early spring flower!

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!