Angelina will make you cry.

Monday, November 18, 2013



"Nothing will mean anything, if you don't live a life of use to others."

Say what you want about Angelina, (haters gonna hate) but this speech is brilliant and she's done amazing things for others in this life. I haven't traveled or accomplished a sliver of what she has, but I will always remember last January, upon returning to my lavish resort accommodations after an emotional day spent in poor, rural Cambodia and the tears just flowing as I questioned why I was born into such fortunate means, when across the world kind, beautiful people were struggling for the basic necessities I take for granted every day.

Travel is an eye opener, and that's the main reason I enjoy it so much. Different cultures, different surroundings, different struggles. It brings an awareness to what's really important like nothing else can.

"I don't know why this is my life, and that's theirs. ...but I will do the best I can with this life, to be of use." Powerful stuff.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!